Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Change file type association (Page 1 of 1)
  Brooklyn (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:29 am

Hello, how can I get my mp3s to open with SoundJam MP when I double click them instead of Quicktime?

Thanks!

wove (Profile)

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:06 am

Brooklyn wrote:

Hello, how can I get my mp3s to open with SoundJam MP when I double click them instead of Quicktime?

Thanks!

File type associations can be setup using Internet Config. I am not sure that will make it work universally, but it should help. I have not checked, but you might also check the SoundJam preferences to see if it has the opion to set it as the preferred application.

bill

wove (Profile)

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:50 pm

Brooklyn wrote:

Thanks!

A final after thought here. An Application such as FileBuddy could also be used to batch change the file's creator codes, so that files now having the QT creator code, could be changed to have the SoundJam code

bill

phummers (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:16 pm

wove wrote:

A final after thought here. An Application such as FileBuddy could also be used to batch change the file's creator codes, so that files now having the QT creator code, could be changed to have the SoundJam code

Greg's Browser, which I can't do without, will let you change creator codes. Also it will let you trash files with command-delete and empty the trash with command-T. It runs on systems as old as 7.1. It is shareware.

CyberMonkey (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:01 am

I use FileTyper 5.5.1

A personal recommendation of mine and one of my favourite utilities.

Download here:
http://dazuma.freeshell.org/fi.....nload.html

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.