Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Double scroll arrows on 7.5.5? (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  emendelson (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Does anyone know of a way to get double-scroll-arrows at both ends of scroll bars in System 7? I've tried Double Scroll 2.1.1, but it doesn't seem to work - at least not on my systems, which all use the Appearance control panel to improve the look of the system. Am I doing something wrong, or is there an alternative that would provide double scroll arrows this way?

Thanks for any help.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:35 pm

emendelson wrote:

which all use the Appearance control panel to improve the look of the system

That's subjective. System 7's user interface is much more to my taste.

Why don't you try using it without Appearance Manager? A major point of using System 7 is for the lean and fast user interface, which is obliterated by Appearance Manager.

System777 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:28 am

At first, I thought dpaanlka was just trying to impose his own taste on you, but he actually makes a good point. Why use System 7 if you're just going to make it look like OS 8 or 9? If indeed Appearance Manager slows things down as much as he says you're not really gaining much, if anything, by using the older OS. Of course, I've not tested this so I can't say what the exact differences are.

But I do know that upgrading to OS 8/9 would give you more software options and compatibility with the Platinum look, if that's what you're after.

David

emendelson (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:44 am

OK, I've taken your advice, and removed the Appearance Manager from the system folder, but DoubleScroll still doesn't work (at least not for me). Should it work under 7.5.5, meaning that I've got some other conflict I haven't discovered? Is there an alternative that can provide double scrollbars under 7.5.5?

Thanks again!

emendelson (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:43 am

Wait - I was wrong! With the Appearance extension turned off, DoubleScroll DOES work! Apologies for wasting everyone's time, and thanks for everyone's patient help.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:58 am

Tadaa!

Also see this: http://main.system7today.com/a.....rance.html

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.