Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: PC App for burning Apple CD's (Page 1 of 1)
  System777 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:32 am

Hi all,
I'm looking for a free or inexpensive Windows App that will let me burn HFS discs for use on a Mac. I've been very frustrated with burning standard universal discs because all my files & folders end up truncated to 8/3 format when I go to read them on my Powerbook (can't tell what's what). Any recommendations are appreciated.

David

CyberMonkey (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:46 pm

So let me get this straight, you want the PC program to make HFS partiitions that you Mac can read?

If that's the case, give TransMac (shareware) a go. There is CD burning functionality there. It supports creation of HFS and HFS+ format CDs.

MacImage (shareware) will do the same task.

Alternatively, if you don't want to spend money on a shareware product, just make an HFV volume with HFV explorer. Rename to the HFV extension to ISO and burn to disk. It works. I have done it a few time before. It doesn't support HFS+ though.

To make hybrid CDs, use Hybridator (also freeware). This will simply merge an ISO9660 file with an HFS volume (such as an HFV volume as mentioned above) to make a hybrid CD rom image.

Hope this helps.

System777 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:59 pm

Thanks! I will give your suggestions a try. I did find an app called MagicISO and it actually worked but is limited to 300MB, unless you pay for it.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.