Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Update 7.1 --> 7.1.1 recommended? (Page 1 of 1)
  Chefsessel (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Another question, another thread. Since this is a more general question I open up a new thread instead of using my old "I've got an LC III today" thread.

My question is - I'm running 7.1 on my LC III right now, is the update to 7.1.1 worth the trouble? Would you recommend it?

And - does anyone know where to get the update in another language than english? (particularly, in german)

As always, thanks in advance.

victoral (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:21 pm

I dont think its any trouble just download the updates from apple here http://download.info.apple.com.....er_System/

Chefsessel (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:58 am

Thanks, but that's only the english version which won't apply on my german 7.1 I fear Sad

CyberMonkey (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:31 am

I don't think 7.1.1 was available in any other language but NA English.

I'm pretty sure that System 7.1.1 supposed to be dubbed "System 7 Pro" and only meant for certain Powerbooks.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:09 pm

CyberMonkey wrote:

I don't think 7.1.1 was available in any other language but NA English.

I'm pretty sure that System 7.1.1 supposed to be dubbed "System 7 Pro" and only meant for certain Powerbooks.

System 7.1.1 did not really update the system, so much as it added extras to the system. AppleScript, QuickTime, and PowerTalk were all bundled together. Improvements in the system included TheadManager and a host of other extensions to enable the new components to work.

System 7.1.1 came with some systems so you might be able to obtain it by looking for machine specific installers. Machine specific installer at that point in time were universal installers, with perhaps some additional software bundled specific for the machine. The Quadra AV machine shipped with System 7.1.1.

You can also create your own 7.1.1 system by digging up the parts and adding them to your 7.1 install. Googling on System 7.1.1 might turn up a list of what all is included.

System 7.1.2 contains the same software as System 7.1.1 except it was released for the then new PowerPC systems. The included items will all either be Fat binaries with code for both PPC and 68K machines, or software that is only needed for PowerPC machines and will be ignored by a 68k machine.

Additionally most components that came with System 7.5 are backward compatible with System 7.1.x. A great deal more information can be turned up on Gamba's Site.

bill

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.