Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Need a Macintosh Programmer (Page 3 of 6)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Minimalist (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:30 pm

Can I get a copy of this source code to play with too?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:57 pm

rlawson wrote:

Ok, I'm taking a crack at this. I've got the code compiling and am now taking out the registration stuff. Then gotta figure out how to add the new resolutions cause the current code makes a call to the display manager for a list of supported resolutions.

The thing is, when I originally launched the program, it did not show the 1680 x 1050 resolution (or any wide resolution for that matter). So I opened it up in ResEdit and found the menu, and simply modified one of the existing menu choices to read 1680 x 1050 at 60hz (in the same format as the rest of the menu choices, which I don't recall at this moment), saved, relaunched, and it worked just fine.

I figured it must just read whatever the menu says and sets the display to that, because I didn't change anything else.

p-amadeus (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:07 pm

dpaanlka wrote:

I figured it must just read whatever the menu says and sets the display to that, because I didn't change anything else.

So couldn't it be modified with as many resolutions as you want simply using resEdit?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:17 pm

p-amadeus wrote:

So couldn't it be modified with as many resolutions as you want simply using resEdit?

No, because I can't add resolutions, I can only changed the values that already exist.

_dave (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:40 pm

with dip switches. sometimes software is not the best or definitive solution to complex systems involving hardware.

carpman (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:33 am

Ok, the friend I loaned all of my mac programing books to still has them, and I'm getting them back sometime this weekend. I don't remember all of what I had, but I think I had some of the "Deep Magic" hardware books internal to Apple. If someone wouldn't mind sending the source code my way, I'll take a look.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.