Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Need a Macintosh Programmer (Page 4 of 6)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Minimalist (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:29 pm

So how is this project coming along? I finally managed to get a mchine setup with CodeWarrior, so I'm probably going to screw around with it this weekend.

How is rlawson doing? Any progress? Is it done?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:58 pm

It's progressing overall. We're just trying to get it working the way we want, but the code is mostly there, as well as the user interface. We're running into some snags lately, mostly revolving around the fact that rlawson is developing on SheepShaver rather than an actual Mac (for now).

We've decided that we're likely to distribute it, along with some other stuff that we're working on, on a site outside of System 7 Today, since it'll probably be quite useful for Mac OS 8 and 9 users as well.

It will eventually be located at http://www.versamac.com

rlawson (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:37 pm

Minimalist - just sent you a private message. Will be glad to send you code or put on my webserver for you to snag a copy. The more the merrier I say.

helloimjoe (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:59 pm

Has there been any progress on this?
And just so I'm clear this utility will force the video card to support higher resolutions... is that it?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:40 pm

What this actually did was force the Mac OS to recognize all the resolutions supported by the video card and display. This is especially important for wide-screen displays, which use resolutions that did not exist back in the System 7 days, such as 1680 x 1020.

Behind the scenes we made it to near completion on this program. The control panel was complete, and would recognize all the resolution combos supported by both your display and video card, and you could switch your resolution to them. The problem we haven't solved was how to set the resolution during the boot process with an extension, before the desktop appeared, so that icon positions would be saved (as is, icons jump all over the place and get very disorderly).

At about that point, I started dedicating all my time to Info-Mac. Now that Info-Mac is complete, I'd like to again investigate the extension portion of the program.

defor (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:56 pm

I'd be interested in taking a look at that code if you've got it handy- it's been forever since I worked on a 68k app, but it sounds fun- I'd love to see a 600x800 resolution as well for some of those little car lcds floating around...

anyway- sounds fun, and now that i've found my old copies of CW and Symantec C++ I should be able to at least take a gander...

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.