Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Need a Macintosh Programmer (Page 5 of 6)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  defor (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm

wow
apparently i somehow missed 4 pages of replies.. ignore all that...
(feels like an idiot)... anyhow... Sad

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:03 pm

You can feel free to look at the source code, which I'll send you in a private message.

I'm aiming for this to be both a 68k and PowerPC app. We still need help figuring out the boot extension. The control panel itself is already pretty much complete. What still needs to be done is getting the control panel to save its setting to some sort of preferences file, and then having an extension read that and set the resolution before the desktop appears.

rlawson (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:10 pm

Ok made some more progress.

Got make file from a nice programmer over at 68KMLA and have the extension building and working (with hardcoded resolution)

Control panel writes preference out now for preferred video mode.

All that's left is to write the C code in the extension to read the pref's file and set video mode to what it finds there.

Huzzah ! Only 6 short months to get this working. That's what I get for offering to help Dan.

Then it's up to Dan to write a snazzy installer and put it somewhere folks can download.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:31 am

rlawson wrote:

Then it's up to Dan to write a snazzy installer and put it somewhere folks can download.

I can't wait to see the fruit of our efforts.

MacTCP (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:48 pm

Could I have the link to Multi-Resolutions so I can make it work with my 1680x1050 display with ResEdit? It would be greatly appreciated.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:21 pm

I've left all my copies at my parents' house while I'm at school, however I have a friend bringing in my PowerBook G3 from home tomorrow, so I should post it then.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.