Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Some Exciting FireWire Stuff (Page 2 of 4)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  wall (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:47 pm

There seems to be loads of new FW400 pci cards for sale with specs saying runs in os 8.6, so looking good.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:40 pm

wall wrote:

There seems to be loads of new FW400 pci cards for sale with specs saying runs in os 8.6, so looking good.

But they might need the FireWire 2.3.3 extensions, which run in 8.6 but not 7.6.1.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:22 pm

I finally made an official FireWire page on System 7 Today - check it out! It is part of the "Hardware Guide" and you can download the latest known working drivers there.

p-amadeus (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:03 pm

I was gonna say what Wall did...look for a Firewire mass storage extension or maybe just a plain mass storage extension...not sure it exists but it's definitely a place to start.

Wizard of Woz (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:21 am

Fantastic Dan.

So let's look at this. You can capture DV Video on a FireWire card into 7.6.1, edit it with software that does the basic stuff, titles, transitions etc, and compress it down and upload it to the Internet.

And this is on a 10 year old machine, with a ten year old OS!

Fantastic, great job. Idiots who say these machines are useless....

JoAT (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:02 pm

Congrats Dan, hopefully the hard drive issue works its way out. Have you considered a disc driver issue? I assume that you formatted the drive on a newer mac...

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.