Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Insane deal on fast Power Macs (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:36 pm

This guy has 25 fully working Power Mac 5500/250s for sale on eBay for only a penny (plus shipping) buy it now.

The 5500/250 is the most powerful all-in-one computer ever made that can run Mac OS 7.6.1. It has 3D video acceleration, and can be upgraded to 500mhz G3, and can accept internal AV features including a TV tuner.

I suggest anyone looking for a great deal pick one up. I know I am. (Scroll to the bottom)

http://stores.ebay.com/Auction.....idZ2QQtZkm

mitchlynn91 (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:17 pm

That would be awesome if I lived anywhere near there, I hope someone here or someone that can really appreciate those machines gets them.

Otherwise, I'd be more than glad to drop a penny for em' Laughing

jens (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:34 pm

I like the idea of an all-in-one machine as much as the idea of a tower/ desktop/ whatever with monitor.

Both models have therir advantages and disadvantages.

Btw: If someone gets those six 5500/250 and there is one board too much in them I'd like to have it for my 5200 to replace the technical abomination inside it...

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:35 pm

okay who has temp space for these things? I think I mmight want one.

b

Doug theImpaler (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:59 pm

dude...I think I'm sold. Smile

That thing with even base RAM on 7.6.1 with the TV tuner and remote? That's awesome!

dolph (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:39 am

I've actually got the fastest non-G3 AIO... a 5500/275. They only sold them in Europe, bought mine from a guy in The Netherlands via eBay a few months ago. It's a black beauty. Don't have any pics at the moment, but I'll take some soon.

Oh, and 7.6.1 is crazy fast. I've got the HD partitioned into 2 sections - one for OS 9.1 and the other for 7.6.1. It's also running a Sonnet G3 400 MHz upgrade at the moment. 7 was fast before the upgrade, now it's just plain silly.

:wink:

http://www.everymac.com/system.....0_275.html

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.