Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: WaveLAN problems on a 1400c (Page 1 of 1)
  steve30 (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:52 am

Hi everyone!

I am trying to install a WaveLAN Silver card on my PowerBook 1400c with OS7.5.3 and am having problems.

I installed version 6 on the driver, which I obtained from VersionTracker.

When I try and use the WaveLAN control panel, I get an error saying that I must use AppleTalk or TCP/IP to configure the card.

I can open the AppleTalk control panel and there is no WaveLAN option, nor is there a WaveLAN option when I use the TCP/IP control panel. Nothing happens when I double click on the card's desktop icon. There is an 'Ethernet' option, but I'm not sure where that came from, and it doesn't affect the WaveLAN control panel, and AppleTalk returns an error when I select it.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Thanks
Steve

jjbomfim (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:10 am

This happens on my 1400c from time to time. Usually after I remove the card or use Appletalk to connect to another Powerbook. I fix it by rebooting with and without the card and just checking the TCP/IP and also turning Appletalk on and off from the Chooser. Of course, there's probably a single, correct way of doing this, but I just never got the time to actually study the problem and figure it out. And since it only takes a couple of minutes of fiddling with the control panels, i may never go beyond this half-assed method. But let me know if you still have troubles, then I might feel motivated.
Good luck,
Bomfim

P.S. My setup is the same as yours: PB1400c, WaveLAN Silver, driver version 6.

steve30 (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:21 am

Hi.

I fixed the problem. I installed the 68k driver (on it's own), rather than the PPC one and it seems to work fine now.

So I'm not really sure what happened, unless there is a problem witht he PPC driver, or there are problems with installing both the 68k and PPC ones.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.