Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: LibMoto Extension Findings... (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:10 am

Dan recently posted some information on how there was a massive effect on Floating Performance by the simple installation of the "LibMotoSH" extension that was made by Motorola.

Upon thinking some over the last few nights, I began to wonder why the same extension was on my Installation CD for my StarMax 4000 machine, also made by Motorola. This machine was not a G3, but just a 604 processor...but I began to wonder if this speed increase was not limited to just the G3 processor, due to the fact that Motorola thought it was important enough to include in thier System CD.

I was right. With Dan's intrest, I ran a test on my stock 1400cs, with the cache absent 117 Mhz processor, and the results are represented in a graph. Note that this machine did have Speed Doubler installed.

View Linked Image

Please use the download link:

http://powermac.danpalka.net/d.....taller.sit

to download the latest version of LibMotoSH to install on your 7.6 or 7.6.1 machine.

b

Pierre Films (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:08 pm

I installed it on my 2400c and did a test in MacBench with it on and off. The results? a 48% increase in FPU speed! Insane. This needs to be out on the "Keeping it Current" page ASAP.

Pierre Films Idea

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:25 pm

Pierre Films wrote:

This needs to be out on the "Keeping it Current" page ASAP.

Good idea.

EDIT: It's there...

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:39 pm

what happened to my graph? :(

b

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:39 am

what... i still see it fine

P.S. the new forums will not allow inserted images, only links.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:28 pm

While playing with my parted out 1400 117, I finally got around to downloading libmoto monday, and after fixing it I installed 7.6 then the 7.6.1 upgrade and wanted to see the difference. I installed speed doubler, it was noticebly faster but the lib moto made a huge improvement from booting to opening solitare and eliminated the studder coming from Slugman the game. Where were you when I bought my original pb 1400 in 96?

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.