Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Need your help! (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  Minimalist (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:52 am

My wife is driving me nuts. She has this garden out back with all sorts of flowers and shrubs and stuff. It's her pride and joy. The problem is that there's this stray dog in the neighbourhood that keeps trampling it and making a real mess. We don't have an animal control office here in the boonies... So we pretty much have to deal with this dog on our own.

The plan is to bait the dog into a cage and then bring him to the animal control office about an hour and half drive from here. So I setup the trap and placed a big plate of onions inside. I expected that the dog would get hungry and go for the onions, but it's been two weeks now and the dog just won't bite.

My wife thinks that the dog is just being cautious and that it's too paranoid to enter the trap. My little 9 year old daughter, god bless her, thinks that the dog is just too shy to come near the house. But we don't think that's it because the dog will come near the house to trample the garden.

Why won't the dog go for the delicious onions that we've placed out for it? Is my wife right? Is the dog just paranoid and being cautious of the trap?

I'm hoping someone here owns a dog and will be able to help me out with this. Thanks.

p.s. It's a pitbull. So I don't want to go chasing it.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:17 am

Onions??? Seriously??? You really aren't trying to catch the dog are you?

Minimalist (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:25 am

We live on a pig farm and our pigs just love onions. Do you think maybe if I fed some onions to the pigs so that the dog could see, do you think the dog would get jealous and then become interested in the onions? Onions are delicious vegetables. And they smell nice too.

I dunno... Maybe the dog is just stupid.

Minimalist (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:59 am

I know! I'll shove a bunch of onions on a radio controlled vehicle and chase the dog around with it. The dog will get pissed off and attack the onions. That will prove once and for all that dogs do indeed like onions!!! Then we'll have that dog right where we want him!!!

Except... He still won't be in the trap. He still won't be interested in onions. He still won't be jealous of the onion gorging pigs. And he'll still keep trampling the wife's garden.

My neighbour tells me that if I keep pestering this pitbull he's going to attack me. He's telling me that once this pitbull gets his teeth into me he's not going to let go. He's telling me that it will be a fight to the death! My neighbour knows the dog will win... Because my neighbour knows that no one will help me when I'm in my final death throes. My neighbour reminds me that I'm not liked by very many people!

helloimjoe (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:51 pm

You could just try using dog treats or beggin strips

p-amadeus (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:23 am

Is this some kind of weird joke?

Try using meat...any variety should suffice. The more fragrant, the better.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.