Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: VNC Server and Client for 7.6 (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:08 am

I've been trying to remotely manage a Starmax 4000 Server without much luck. Instead of a 800x600 screen which featured the desktop and an usable interface, I kept on getting a 25x25 screen with a mouse pointer, and something that appeared to be the finder icon. I had been using some ALPHA code instead of the actual release code which was unable to be found, until now. I had remembered looking it up a while ago, but never saved the link.

I will do some more testing on the server and client to make sure they both are functional enough to be considered usable and dependable, then I will links for both the server and client so they can be downloaded.

b

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:00 pm

I actually have never even attempted to use VNC on Mac OS 7. This is something I shall have to try when I return from school.

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:39 pm

Dan i'm doing some car work, but will post the binaries either tonight or the following day.

b

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:29 pm

VNC Server Software: http://reactornet.net/~britt/os9vnc.sit

VNC Client Software(Viewer): http://reactornet.net/~britt/VNCppc.sit

I think the viewer is actually a FAT application, so somebody please try it on a 68k machine and tell me if it works.

b

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:05 am

I think Appleshare and VNC actually conflict with each other. It would be beneficial to find out if there was an Apple branded remote control utilitiy that would allow one to gain control of the machine. Actually at my grade school we had such a program...I remember little eyeballs on the menu bar when the sysadmin was overlooking what I (a tech) was doing to the computer (LC 575). I would be very happy to find out what that was.....

b

lostprocess (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:00 pm

bd1308 you're either thinking of Apple Network Assistant (the precursor to Apple Remote Desktop) or Timbuktu. I believe both had those features, but I can't recall which one it was that had the eyeballs.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.