Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: History of System 7 Today (Page 1 of 1)
  Minimalist (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:12 am

I'm just curious about how long System 7 Today has been around. I know that it's been around for at least a year or so because that's about how long I've been coming here. When did it officially launch though? I'm just curious.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:39 am

Quote:

System7Today.com was created in the fall of 2005 by Bradley University student Dan Palka, after realizing there were no real good internet resources covering the topics of using Mac OS 7.6.1 in the modern computing era.

From http://main.system7today.com/about.html although that isn't very detailed beyond that.

This was back when I actually did use System 7 on a daily basis, which thanks to the death of my 1400 and lack of space at college for any of my other desktops, is no longer true. That should change next year when I'm in a house.

Minimalist (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:41 pm

dpaanlka wrote:

Quote:

System7Today.com was created in the fall of 2005 by Bradley University student Dan Palka, after realizing there were no real good internet resources covering the topics of using Mac OS 7.6.1 in the modern computing era.

From http://main.system7today.com/about.html although that isn't very detailed beyond that.

Wow! It was right there under my nose. I feel stupid for asking. I imagine I would have felt even stupider if I had just concocted some BS story about the history of System 7 Today and then embarked on some braindead scheme of attempting to prove my version of System 7 Today's history correct.

I bet it would have really pissed ya off if I had done that though, eh? You'd be screaming things at me like:

You don't know what you're talking about! Or... There's no evidence to support that! Or... That's just not possible!

You'd probably get so sick of me telling some bullcrap version of your history and activities that you wouldn't want me around anymore. You'd probably ban me from your forum. And then you'd probably get really pissed off if I refused to leave. Imagine how angry you'd be if I said that I was justified in staying because I was exposing you. You'd probably be very quick to point out that I was NOT exposing you, that I was just spewing bullcrap and harassing you.

That's how I feel every single day... Not stupid! Angry! Because that's what's happening to me! And when I point out that everything that is being said about me is total bullcrap, I get told to stop. And why? Because I'm being "exposed"...

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.