Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Interex Mac to VGA Monitor Adapter (Page 1 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  dgwansel (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:15 pm

I have a SuperMac C600 connected to a Sony MultiScan Monitor CPD 100ES via an Interex universal Mac to VGA monitor adapter. This adapter is a 10 slider dip switch. It is connected to my SuperMac's DB-25 SCSI port. But during a recent shifting of gear, I lost the original dip switch settings and no longer have the guide that came with the Interex adapter. The Supermacs DB-25 SCSI port is the problem because I have found on the internet the settings for Mac DB-15 to HD-15, but not Mac DB-25 SCSI to HD-15.

Can anyone help me?

dgwansel

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:52 am

I don't understand what a monitor adapter has to do with SCSI.

Also, please don't compose entire posts in ALL CAPS.

dgwansel (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:57 pm

Umax made the supermac monitor port DB-25 which is SCSI! That's where the adapter plugged into.

dgwansel

Minimalist (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Are you saying that you have a monitor that plugs into the scsi port of your macintosh computer? If so, please post pics. I've never seen one of these before.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:52 pm

I was not aware of any SCSI monitors. Using SCSI for video out on the Toaster Macs was not uncommon though. There were at least a few boxes that provided a VGA output via a SCSI connection.

It would be interesting to see pictures for sure.

bill

Minimalist (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:16 pm

I was not aware of anything using a SCSI port for video output. I know that there were monitors that plugged into the monitor port in addition to other ports for tasks like color calibration. But video through the SCSI port?

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.