Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: The ONE and ONLY Political Thread (Page 1 of 1)

Your Political Affiliation?
Republican
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Democrat
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Libertarian
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other Conservative
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Other Liberal
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Other Moderate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:34 pm

As clearly stated in the forum rules, politics is not allowed. However, please participate in this poll for the general interest of seeing where forum members sit.

If you have something to say, say it here. Be nice, though.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:24 am

The only thing political I will get involved on this site, is whether or not I need to start a new topic or just change subjects in the middle of an existing thread. Very Happy Wink

jens (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:37 am

Social democrats or alternatives in Germany.

The political landscape is a little bit different from the american one I think.

Lots of things are handled totally different on the other side of the pond.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:57 am

sierraredd wrote:

The only thing political I will get involved on this site, is whether or not I need to start a new topic or just change subjects in the middle of an existing thread. Very Happy Wink

I've changed my mind. Dan, been to your myspace, space and found it to be interesting. Primarily our views. First, your a republican, I'm not. Second, you don't like Mustangs, I've had three. 3rd, your a Christian, I don't believe in any organized religion. 4th you are almost 21, I'm almost 35. I think O'reilly is a boob, Bush is not a good leader, and gays should be able to get divorced too.

I do agree with you that democrats whine, dodge, and try to attack Bush, they should have went after him in the last election but they took every bait his team threw out to distract everyone. Now is that propaganda or advertising?

Now here's my take on government. This applies to local and federal too. We are not governed by what is best for this country, but by the bottom line. The goal is to make as much money as we can. Here's an example. Schools are being forced by the No Child Left Behind act to teach kids to pass a test for money. Don't pass don't get more money. Schools don't look for what will get a student to learn something, it's to get them to pass a test that will give them more money. What do they do with this money? I don't know but in our case locally it's to pay for the boards inabillity to account for money. Enron, is our districts model.

But Look at immigration, legislation has been passed to reward 12 million illegals in this country for breaking the law. It's much easier to do that then to pay for deportation and border security. They use the excuse, "no one wants these jobs" when the reallity is no one can live on what they pay for those jobs. Hey why outsource the labor to another country when you can bring it in for cheap. Saves on pay, health insurance, (free health care for illegals because all they need to do is change their name and fake a new social security number when the bill arrives.), and other expenses that legal employees cost. It just costs someone to much and removes money from their pocket.

Well I hope for a good and lively debate or argument if your married, my hubby agrees with you on many things. I guess I can't make you sleep on the floor huh?

At least we have a love of Macs as a starting point.
Niki

ronin (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:56 pm

As a Iraq veteran and a veteran of many other political expeditions in over the last 25 years I can tell you that not all of them were for a Republican or a Democrat.

No one asked my political views as I helped evacuate the Superdome last year, just as no one asked me before I went to Iraq.

The last few years have made people forget all of the reasons we as americans do the things that we do.

I have strong views of where we are politically as far as crime, education, war and <a href="http://forums.system7today.com/?s=immigration">immigration</a> and that is based on my personal experiences not as a spectator or as an armchair strategist.

This is a great website and I enjoy the common ground that we have with our Macs and OS 7. Common ground is where we all should start and enjoy this great country of ours.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.