Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: .sit,.bin.,hqx files (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  gillham (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:49 am

There is a slick set of tools written by the mini vmac author to move files. You just mount the receive file tool disk image and run the utility. It then waits for a file to be dropped onto the window and saves it into the mac file system instead of trying to mount it.

With it you can move over a .hqx for use with stuffit. The trick is getting stufffit expander onto the virtual mac. I don't remember if the vmacboot.dsk has it, but in general it is not too hard to find a disk image with stuffit or another tool that will help you bootstrap.

I use mini vmac on my machines and it is very convenient. You can also use Basilisk II for better 68K emulation or Sheep Shaver for PPC. I run 7.6.1 on Sheep Shaver and it works really well for the basic stuff I use it for like disk image and file manipulation.

Still I love having a tiny stable Mac Plus emulator mini vmac is still my favorite.

UserLT (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:40 am

I've installed Stuffit Expander 4.0.1,but there's a new problem: Stuffit Expander can't found archives. For example, I've a .sit archive and I want to expand it, but Stuffit Expander can't found this archive: http://www.ipix.lt/images/12053482.jpg .

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:38 am

Maybe you should install Stuffit 4.5 instead.

http://forums.info-mac.org/vie.....amp;t=9155

UserLT (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:53 am

It doesn't work on System 7.0.1

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Interesting... perhaps I have to change something at Info-Mac then.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.