Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: What is a good Internet MP3 Streaming Application for OS 7? (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  jhall_7646 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:41 pm

What is a good internet streaming application for OS 7? Since most OS 7 era systems have small hard drives internet streaming would reduce the number of songs that would have to be stored on the hard drive to enjoy mulitple genre of music.

I know you could just take a bunch of cd's and listen to them, but less to carry around.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:00 am

I don't believe I've ever even attempted to do such a thing. Will QuickTime 5 not do this?

jhall_7646 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:18 am

I don't believe so. I have used real player with OS 8.6 and it works. ShoutCasts are free Internet Streaming Stations. The extension of (*.pls). It is only built into to iTunes version 2 and above for apple products.

Just wanted to know if there is a System 7 application that will do this. I think RealPlayer 7 is the latest that can be used with Mac OS 7.6.1

wagtag (Profile)
  1 MB

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:24 pm

This is a little late but I've been able to play streaming audio from shoutcast using the free app MpegDec. Just download the m3u file, drag it into the gray box above the buttons and press play. It is not the best looking player but it is the only one I've found that works on 7.5.5. You can find it at http://www.jwgdesign.com/mpegdec/

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:51 pm

Can this be done with SoundJam?

I'd try it, if I knew where to find streaming MP3s.

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:10 pm

I know QT did this on 8.6 with my 6116 performa, as I had a streaming Mp3 server at my college network.

I dont know if it works with system 7 though, didnt ever need to try.

Try it first with QT. Drag the m3u file to quicktime and see if it will play it. You may have to save the m3u file and manually open it with QT.

b

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.