Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: What is a good Internet MP3 Streaming Application for OS 7? (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  jhall_7646 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:14 pm

I have done some reasearch and also found that mpeg dec works. A good place to go to get streaming files is shout cast. I think they are a *.pls file. All you have to do is control click in Mac OS 8.6 or OS X and you can dowload the file with that extension. It works with itunes, real player and mpegdec. Once you find a internet radio station you like. I use it because when you want to listen to a certain kind of music, they play othe songs for you. Also , on a small hard drive you only have so much room for mp3's.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:41 am

In Mac OS 7, to "right click" on a link or something in IE, hold down the mouse button for several seconds and the contextual menu will appear.

hylas (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:21 pm

Closest thing I can find:

ftp://ftp.cac.psu.edu/pub/mac/quicktime/

MoviePlayer_2.1.hqx

QT WebConferencing 1.0.4b12.sea

ftp://ftp.cac.psu.edu/pub/mac/.....he_Web.txt

QuickTime_2.1.hqx

QuickTime_2.1.txt

QuickTime%aa Conferencing Install.hqx

QuickTime162.hqx

Simple_Player.bin

hylas

Xanathus (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:33 am

MpegDec will certainly work to play internet radio stations. At least the ones that use the MP3 format. Shoutcast and Live365 stations work just fine with MpegDec. MpegDec's biggest claim to fame is that it works on 68k Macs.

I know this because I helped on the MpegDec project. Mark White did all the real work porting MPEGDEC from Amiga to Mac, but I helped with creating an icon set, the web site, and doing plenty of beta testing.

PLS and M3U files are simply text files with one or more URLs in them. Quite a few iTunes Radio Stations are from Live365. Just Get Info on it in iTunes, and it will show you the URL. Unfortunately, that particular address only works in iTunes, but most stations can be found by searching the Live365 web site. There is also a directory of streams at IceCast.org.

The Official MpegDec for Mac Web Site:
> http://www.jwgdesign.com/mpegdec

Enjoy.
John

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.