Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: ATI Radeon 7000 (Page 3 of 4)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  cadeon (Profile)
  1 MB

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:02 pm

FYI, I copied the OpenGL extensions and DrawSprocketLib from my 8.6 install- and was able to run the Quake III Demo on 7.6 Very Happy

The installers say that it requires 8.1 or greater, but manually copying seems to work. I don't know of anything else that uses OpenGL, but I do know that Quake 3 does.

breetie (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:50 am

dpaanlka wrote:

Posted a Radeon 7000 installer, but it does not include OpenGL as I stated before. I have yet to find a single thing that works with Mac OS 7 and uses OpenGL, so I did not include it in the installer.

I was just thinking the Quake or Quake ][/]I[ games probably do, but alas, I got beat to the punch. At any rate, this is very cool. I'm thinking I need to re-acquire an 8500 or 8600 and a Radeon 7000 to try this on. I sold all my 8500 stuff.

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:01 am

cadeon, which version of OpenGL did you use? I tried with version 1.2.1 on 7.6.1 and Quake 3 is not able to initialize it...

Maybe my version of DrawSprocketLib is not good too... (I took it from 9.2.2 but some games run with this version of DrawSprocketLib)

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:58 am

I managed to make Quake 3 work too! Smile

Here is what I have done :

I installed the ATI Radeon 7000 drivers from this website here

I also used the sprockets install from this website here

I found an install of OpenGL 1.2.1 here (OpenGL_1.2.1.smi.bin)

This install requires MacOS 8.1 or later so I used TomeViewer to extract the files. Only the ones called "OpenGL" as I didn't want to overwrite the ATI and QuickDraw drivers.

* OpenGLEngine
* OpenGLLibrary
* OpenGLMemory
* OpenGLRenderer
* OpenGLRendererATI
* OpenGLUtility
* QD3DCustomElement (it was not already installed with QuickDraw so I extracted it as well)

I put the files in my extensions folder and restarted the computer.

To install Quake3 Demo, I used MacOS 9 and then, copied the Quake3 folder to my 7.6.1 hard drive.

I launched Quake 3 and it works... so fast!! Smile

Neison (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:37 pm

When you installed this card, what was your exact process?

I downloaded the drivers, installed them. Then plugged in the card. Attached monitor with DVI... nothing. Black screen.

Then when I try booting with monitor attached to built-in video... a bomb error happens during boot when ATI extensions are about to show.

To get the system working again I have to boot w/o extensions, remove all the ATI stuff from extensions folder... and my system is back to where I started.

I've tried zapping pram. No dice.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:27 am

Maybe you should try the VGA port instead of DVI? It is the one I use.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.