Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Kanga G3 (Page 1 of 1)
  MattB (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Anyone know where I can find one of these? I've wanted one ever since I first saw one...the last of the Powerbooks that aren't supposed to look like modern art.

LCARS (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:11 am

I've got one. They are very cool and rumored to be faster than the cache-free 233Mhz Wallstreet1. Its heavy and almost 3" thick thanks to the lid speakers, but it is quite good looking in my opinion. There is currently one on ebay.

iamdigitalman (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:34 pm

I have a Powerbook 3400c 200mhz, the direct predecessor. I can attest to their heaviness and thickness. But the sound system is great!! Makes the boot chime sound like a freight train!! Just Wish mine had a working ADB bus. It got fried somehow, so it's essentially useless. I wanna get another one, or a kanga.

That and a Powerbook 550c are on my wish list. My 540c is an awesome machine, just wish the batteries were not dead.

gillham (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Did you do all the battery revival tricks? I managed to get a couple of 540c batteries going that arrived dead with my 540c.

I have a PowerBook 3400c as well and I don't know if the Kanga is that much better, especially since it won't run 7.6.1 like my 3400c.

LCARS (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:03 am

The Kanga is noticeably faster, but since it won't run 7, I'm sure its off the list of many people here. I like OS 8 and 9, but not nearly as much as 7. The 3400/Kanga models feel like tanks though. I also noticed that on the 3400c (and I'm sure any PowerBook with a touchpad) if you enable touchpad doubletap/drag, and you tap twice on the empty white space of the menu bar, then move the mouse to the drop down menus, they stay open like in OS 8+. You can even move the mouse down to Recent Documents and such, without having to hold down the clicker.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:55 am

StickyClick will give System 7 menus Mac OS 8-like *stay down* behavior with only one click on all computers.

http://main.system7today.com/s.....click.html

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.