Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: 3400c Sleep Clicking (Page 1 of 1)
  LCARS (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:29 am

My 3400c is in excellent and original condition. I put it to sleep in a silent room, and coming from the the center of the keyboard is a clicking sound. The power board is making its usual electrical whirr, but this clicking almost sounds physical. Its not overly loud but is this normal? I don't recall hearing the clicking (popping) sound before.

Its not the HD, no PC cards installed, I do have the floppy drive in the bay, but there isn't a disk in it. Any thoughts would be appreciated. This is my OS 7 flagship and one of my favorite PowerBooks of all time. Thanks!

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:49 am

I remember my 3400 and Kanga both frequently click and hiss from their speaker system. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing or what but it certainly happens.

LCARS (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:30 pm

I've heard about 34/3500 hiss, but this was more like a muffled popping/clicking. When I woke the computer up (in sleep for 24+ hrs) I was greeted with a blank screen, it wasn't even on, and no response to anything, even the HD while spinning, wasn't accessing anything. After a hard restart, everything seems fine.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.