Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Can't get the network to work (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  ejpetersen (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:54 pm

Make sure you are using the latest version of the asante driver off their website. I spent 2 weeks dinking around with my Asante EN/SC (a cool scsi to ethernet adapter for those of us who have a computers without expansion slots) until I finally looked on the website and noticed they had a driver 6 years newer than the floppy that came with the EN/SC. I loaded it up with a clean reload of the Mac OS and Opened internet explorer and I was surfin the web on a 9" black and white mac.

9600/200 (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:21 am

I have now done a new clean install of system 7.6.1 on my 9600 computer. I have also reset the PRAM (4 times) and downloaded the newest Asante driver from their website. After all the installing everything seams to work fine. I think the problem was a bad installment of the system 7.6.1 the first time, since either the internal or the external (PCI) network port was working. If it had been the Asante card the internal card shud have still worked, but it didn't.

Thanks for the help!

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.