Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Which is worse to work on... (Page 1 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Which one of the following is harder to do?
Remodel a kitchen
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
Repair or upgrade a classic mac
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Repair or upgrade a new mac
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Repair a window based machine
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:45 pm

Hi all, I am currently at the begining of a kitchen remodel. New cabinets, floors, a bunch of other repairs. This is one of those things where before you start, you have doubled the budget. My new hubby has compared this project to my computer rebuilds. I recently dropped $300 on an assortment of repairs for a performa 6200, a complete upgrade on a pb 1400 and with accessories to get them to work with a Mini and a graphite imac. I initially wanted to get the 1400 working, $50 for a new logic board, then it spiraled out of control with help and encouragement from this site. So as the poll asks, what do you think is harder? And drop a post to explain why.

Niki.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:49 pm

I voted repairing a windows machine cuz, two months after fixing and upgrading my sisters, I'm still doing something to it. Recently adding another drive because she can't figure out how to install to the D drive which is a 40 gb. The C drive is 5gb, and it's full. My favorite quote from her is "The directions say to install on the C drive, it won't work on the D drive.' All of the software I installed is on the d drive. She needs a Mac really bad.

jens (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:54 pm

I voted for the kitchen as I would not know what to do.

Windows peecees are sort of computers as well, so I can make do with them. Mr. Green

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:55 am

Well it's nice to see that people here view the topic but don't post or vote. Oh well. Here's a brief update. Cabnets go in on friday may, 19th. Just finished the floor and then it's building doors. Fun. As for the peecee I'm working on, i should have the kitchen done first. Of course it would help if I could get the peecee into my possesion. On final thought for toady, you really don't appreciate the kitchen sink until you don't have one. Very Happy

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:59 am

Oh the joys of flowing water and the ability to wash dishes. The sink when in a week ago after the cabinets and counter top were installed. Had cold water and hot water for a minute, the hot side leaked. After three days with no hot water I searched the internet, using my precious PB 1400 to do so at the local coffee shoppe, I found out that you don't use teflon tape around metal threaded plumbing parts, they can cause a leak. So removed the tape and hey I have hot water and can wash dishes. So right now I am working on the oak trim.

As for the peecee, it's still waiting to be fixed. God I hate those computers. Will be doing a reinstall of my iMac DV SE operating system. That will take less time to fix than the pc.

Laters all,

Niki

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:53 am

Another update on a variety of stuff. the windows peecee has had a failure of epic perportions, also known as oh, don't download that file with a virus attatched. She needs a mac bad. Grrrrr.

The kitchen is nearing completion, okay 30% completion. Took out the old micrwave above the stove, knocked out some false cabinet pieces to make room for the new oven and stove. Going to do some counter removal and new counters by wednesday, 6-7, hopefully. Just not wanting to do stuff, hot here in colorado. Wish we had a/c, won't get that untill winter when we redo the heating and ducts.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.