Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: WaveLAN on OS 7.6? (Page 1 of 1)
  Reigner (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:44 pm

I'm using the v. 6 driver on here: http://www.versiontracker.com/.....macos/4835

I'm incredibly confused. I've set it up, and it reads my card. But how do I search for signals? I have a PowerBook 1400c (G3 Upgraded) running OS 9.1, somewhat sluggishly. I'd like to upgrade this to System 7 (The irony in that, haha!) But until I find out how to use my WaveLAN card with it, I'm stuck Sad

A little help?

Lichen Software (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:11 pm

For OS 9 you are going to have much better luck with the ORiNOCO 7 driver. It is much easer to configure and seems more stable than WaveLan.

Download here:

http://www.versiontracker.com/.....;vid=48718

If for some reason that does not work, email me at dmcuqeen@csolve.net and I will send it to you as an attachment.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:11 pm

Reigner wrote:

But how do I search for signals?

You can't search for signals yourself using System 7. You must do one of two things, either type "ANY" as your desired network, and the card will search for and connect to any unprotected network, or type in the exact name (SSID) of the network you want to connect to, and it will connect to that.

svartfax (Profile)
  1 MB

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 pm

I'm also trying to install wavelan drivers on system 7.6 (PB 1400). I downloaded the drivers from versiontracker, unpacked them i leopard (using mac OS roman as file encoding), burned on cd, copied to 1400 HD, then to floppy. I named it WaveLANŽ Install Disk and placed the file on the floppy.

But when I run the installation it says:

This is not the correct "WaveLANŽ Install Disk" disk. Make sure you are using the original installer disks and try again.

Why can't i get them to install!?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:05 pm

Because you didn't create the floppy from the image using Disk Copy on a classic Mac. Try that instead.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.