Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: WordPerfect Works 1.2.1 (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  trrbocharged (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:10 am

I am looking for the latest version of WordPerfect Works (which I believe is 1.2.1). I have several old files in that format and would love to be able to convert them to something else (or at least print them to PDF). Does anyone have a copy handy?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:13 am

Will regular WordPerfect not open these files?

trrbocharged (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:09 pm

I tried opening them with WordPerfect 3.5e. WordPerfect Works uses its own format (I assume quite similar to BeagleWorks).

IronTooth (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:34 am

Another possibility is MacLink Plus. I checked the translator list for MacLink Plus Deluxe 11, and there was a WordPerfect Works for Windows translator. I suppose there is a chance that the file formats are the same.

I also checked the translator lists for other software, as follows:

WordPerfect 3.5e: No WP Works translator that I could find;

AppleWorks 5: No WP Works translator, either in the XTND translators or in the DataViz translators installed with AW5;

MacLink 8.x (installed from my PB1400 CD): The WP Works for Windows translator _was_ included.

If all you are looking for is content, another way might be to change the Type/Creator to something like SimpleText (TEXT/ttxt), and open it that way. There may be a lot of blank space and grunge, but I've usually been able to find the text part of a word processing file using this route.

- Don

AishaEPrince (Profile)
  1 MB

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:58 am

Hi. I know a new powerful and effective software in converting PDF documents for Mac. Word perfect for Mac opens both Mac and Windows WordPerfect files, while preserving most of the original document formatting.

Tristan (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Maybe, you can find on the macintsohgarden.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.