Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Lombard & Pismo Keyboard (Page 1 of 1)
  System777 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:53 am

Hello,

Does anyone here know if there is a black keyboard that will work with the Lombard or Pismo laptops? I don't like the looks of the bronze keys at all. Perhaps the Wallstreet or Kanga keyboards are compatible?

Thanks for any help.

David

wove (Profile)

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:08 am

More detailed answers are probably available in venues more focused on Powerbooks.

The Lombard and Pismo keyboards have different connectors and are not interchangeable. I am sure the Kanga/3400 keyboard is different as well.

bill

jjbomfim (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:30 pm

Nope. You are pretty much stuck with the bronze keys. I have read on some powerbook forum about the keyboards from the first ibook (the clamshell one) being interchangeable with the Pismo's, but then you're stuck with white keys. And I don't even thing that they actually are interchangeable, probably not. The Wallstreet and the Kanga have different key form factors altogether and won't work for sure.
By the way, I used to like how the bronze keys looked. And also liked the keyboard feel for touch typing.

System777 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:44 am

I did a little more research on this subject and apparently it is possible to swap the white keyboard from the clamshell iBooks with the Lombard/Pismo models. The catch is that you can't just swap the keyboard directly, you must remove and replace each key individually because the keyboard connector is different. There are photos of a modded Pismo on applefritter.com.

I just wish there was a way to make the keys black like the Wallstreet.

David

wove (Profile)

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:31 am

It might be possible to just replace the keycaps. I have several Wallstreet keyboards, but I do not have either a Lombard or Pismo keyboard for comparison.

bill

jjbomfim (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Wallstreet keycaps are taller than Lombard/Pismo's. It might fit, but you probably wouldn't be able to close the lid without putting some unwanted pressure on the LCD.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.