Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: HELP!! Umax on the internet threw use of an eathercard (Page 1 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  besby11 (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:12 pm

Hello and thanks for reading my post,

I've accuired an umax supermac s900 (I think?) from a frend that got it from a workplace.It seems to be in perfict order disks, floppys...exc.and im getting a mac mouse from ebay and that should be here any day.But,with the the mouse I also got a apple pci eather-card,the tower has a pci slot and want to hook it up to my router for my bother to use.So im new the the whole Mac thing Razz Razz BUT LOVEING IT Razz Razz and since im a toltal noob at this knda thing i was wondering could someone tell me if this possibe in anyway, and if so can someone point me in the directon of how to do this.Im sorry if this isent mutch info i cant look at the info without any mouse.P.S.The comp came with mac 7.5.5 hope that helps.

Pierre Films (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:00 am

I'm guessing by hooking it up to your router, you wish to get it online. This will obviously be easier once you get your mouse (Wink), but basically if you have DSL you should be able to go into TCP/IP (located in the Control Panels) and select the ethernet card. Then select Using DHCP Server in the Configure menu. Close out, save settings, and you should be able to connect (provided that you have a browser). Hope that helps. :)

Pierre Films Idea

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:09 am

Apple PCI Ether-card?

Edit: Is that what it says on the card?

What options do you have in the "Connect via:" drop down menu near the top of the TCP/IP control panel window?

If you have a PCI ethernet card, one of the options should be "Ethernet" of some sort, possibly followed by "slot 0B" or something similar.

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:54 am

my solution is this:

go and buy a REALTEK ethernet card (8139x) where x is any letter (mine is D).

But wait, you might wonder, "this mac wont see a realtek card"

my solution: A realtek driver....

I've been using it for three years without a hitch, daily almost...

works great in 7.6.1

i'll upload it to my server tonight.

b

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:30 pm

bd1308 wrote:

my solution is this:

How is that specific card, and only that specific card, a solution?

I'm sure theres nothing wrong with the card he/she has now, he/she just has to be sure of what it is first by opening the computer and looking at it.

besby11 (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:17 pm

thankyou for everything, i dont have dsl i have a saltlite dish and it goes into a thing that looks like a cable modem and the computer doesent have modem,eathernet card insatlled so heres the info from the auction:GENUINE APPLE MAC 10/100 PCI ETHERNET BASE-T CARD APPLE MODEL SA0025 This is A GENUINE Apple Ethernet 10/100 Base-T PCI Card in excellent condition.

IT WAS Pulled from a POWERMAC and it will work in any Mac with a PCI slot . WE HAVE QUANTITIES AVAILABLE ON THIS ITEM, LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED IN BULK*** THANKS / HAPPY heres a picture[img]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=9725578979BIDDING I hope this helps[/img]

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.