Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: HELP!! Umax on the internet threw use of an eathercard (Page 3 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3
  pinkelefhant (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:45 am

OK, so I took out the Ethernet card and reinstall it again but to slot B this time. I went under Apple System Profiler/ Devices and Volumes/ PCI/ Slot B1. The Card type says: NOT AVAILABLE. I installed in Slot A1 USB card. The Card type says: USB.

Why does it say NOT AVAILABLE?

I checked the back of my computer tower to see if the light for the ethernet is blinking. Yes, two colors are flashing. Green (link) and Orange/Yellow (ACTIVE). Is there something wrong with my Ethernet card? I bought it off EBAY.

pinkelefhant (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:53 am

Maybe this will help you. When I installed the Apple built-in Ethernet extension, I recieved this alert:

"An error occurred while trying to start up your AppleTAlk connection. The built-in LocalTalk port will be used instead. "

hylas (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:10 pm

Useful Links

Try this:

http://mirror.services.wisc.ed.....ernet/?D=A

http://www.info.apple.com/supp.....elist.html

http://download.info.apple.com.....e_Updates/

ftp://ftp.usask.ca/pub/mirrors/apple/

ftp://mirror.apple.com/mirrors....._American/

ftp://ftp.mactech.com/

pinkelefhant (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:15 pm

thanks for those who offered to help me. I somehow managed to get on the internet one day (after being frustrated for days). I really don't know how we fixed it but I bought another Ethernet card (comm slot one, not the pci one). I also bought new batteries for my computer. I still couldn't get on.

I think it has to do something with unlocking under user mode (advance). It is found under tcp/ipp preferences. I remember doing this to pci ethernet card but didn't work but worked for the comm slot ethernet card.

well, thanks again......... Smile

Ps. it sucks because most of the websites now requires higher browsers, that requires you to have OS X to view flash, etc.

Old Mac Geezer (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:19 am

I don't know if this helps, but my Powermac 7500 connects to the internet via it's built in 10baseT port easily just by connecting it to my router. 10baseT is a bit slow, so I plan to get a 10/100 card in the future, but once you get your card configured you should have no problem getting online with it.

Old Mac Geezer (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:19 am

From what I have seen, if you do have an s900, that is a 9600 class machine and should have a 10BaseT port built in. A 10/100 card was an optional upgrade. You shouldn't need anything other than a CAT3/5 cable to connect to your router.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.