Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: HELP!! Umax on the internet threw use of an eathercard (Page 2 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:19 pm

You didn't specify whether or not the card shows up in the TCP/IP control panel.

besby11 (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:11 pm

i dont know if it will i dont have my mouse yet, but ill poast when it does

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:14 am

What's the update on this situation?

pinkelefhant (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:50 am

I wanna know the answer to this form.

I just installed an Apple PCI Ethernet Card to my Powerpc 6500. I opened Apple Menu/ TCP/IP / but my Connect via: Apple Talk (MacIP) is my only option. I don't know how to get it to connect via: Ethernet. Also my Configure options are only: Using MacIP Server and Manually.

I think it's due to my OS 7.5.5. Do I need to install a higher OS? I am thinking of buying the highest that my computer can take, 9.1.

IF not, what are my options and how can I Connect via Ethernet?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:05 am

It should work fine with the OS version you have now. You'll need to install Apple Ethernet Drivers; if the computer didn't have an ethernet card when the system software was installed, then it wouldn't have installed the drivers.

Try installing this. That is the Apple Built-In Ethernet extension, it should give you access to any Apple ethernet card from that era. I actually wasn't even aware there was an Apple-branded PCI ethernet card. Download it, unstuff it, and drag the extension into your System Folder -> Extensions folder, and come back and tell us if that works.

pinkelefhant (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm

I upgraded my OS from 7.5.5 to OS 9.1. I still did not get the "ethernet" pull down option. I also downloaded the .sit file you requested. I put the extenstion in my extension folder, restart it. It still did not show up the "ethernet" option. I did another OS installation (this time clean installment). When I went to TCP/IP, I recieved this alert:

"The previously selected connection, "Ethernet", is not available. The connection has been changed to "PPP"."

What is wrong? I think maybe my computer is not detecting the Apple Ethernet PCI card? And yes, there is such thing as a Apple Ethernet PCI card brand because I bought it. Smile

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.