Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: AIM not loading my buddylist? (Page 1 of 1)
  Raven VII (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:10 pm

When I use AIM on my PowerBook1400 (OS 7.6.1 of course), for some reason my buddylist doesn't load. It's definitely on the server because it's there when I login with iChat, and it's there when I tried AIM Express.

How can I fix this?

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:45 pm

Neither version three or version four supports buddylist grabbing from a server. There was ONE version I did find last year that did support above mentioned Server Buddylists, but since I didn't initially have a very good experience with 7.6.1 on my 3400c I chose to NOT save the program. I literally looked for weeks to find that version...

What I did was save my buddylist on a OS 9 machine that runs the AIM client that AOL actually offers for 8.6-9.1 machines...and then imported it into version four of the AIM client on my OS 7.6.1 machine.

b

Pierre Films (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:40 pm

What I did to get my AIM Buddy list onto AIM 4 on my 2400c was to install AIM on my Powermac (OS X) and export my buddy list. If you have buddies that have email addresses (sjobs@mac.com, etc) you will have to open the exported buddy list in Text Edit or Word and manually remove those buddy names. AIM 3 and 4 do not accept email addresses.

Once you are done, import the edited buddy list into AIM 3 or 4. If there is still an error when you try to import, a dialog box will come up letting you know what line the error was on (example: Error on Line 46) so you can go back into Word and edit out that particular line. After all that fuss it should work perfectly. :)

Pierre Films Idea

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.