Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Keyboard shortcuts (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  9600/200 (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:12 pm

In mac os x, the keyboard shortcut for throwing things in the trash is "Apple" + "Backsapce". Does anyone now if it has a keyboard shortcut in 7.6.1???

It's been many years since i last used mac os 7.6.1 and I must admit that I'm a bit rusty when using all the keyboard shortcuts. Do you now if there is a web page with a list of all the shortcuts?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:35 pm

While in the Finder, go to the Help Menu (the question mark) and choose "Shortchuts"

To answer your question, no, I do not think there is a shortcult like that in OS 7.

ears (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:54 am

It appears that there is an easy solution to the lack of a Command-Delete keyboard shortcut in the System 7 Finder.

There are two extensions, "Hidden Finder Features" and "Finder Extensions Enabler," that claim to add a Command-Delete keyboard shortcut to the System 7 Finder. I have downloaded both from the web but I have not yet installed them. Both extensions can be found by searching for them on the web.

If one of these extensions works, it will solve one of my long-standing annoyances with the System 7 Finder. (When you are trying to weed large numbers of files, it is a pain to have to drag them to the trash with the mouse.) I don't know why I never thought to search for such an extension before.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:40 am

Well then, be sure to tell us how they turn out and perhaps I will add them to the site.

ears (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:16 am

Remember that you can easily add your own keyboard shortcuts for almost anything you can think of with the "KeyQuencer" control panel, which interfaces nicely with AppleScript as well. There are other macro programs for System 7, but I'm most familiar with KeyQuencer (it's shareware), and it works great. Over the years I've saved myself a lot of mouse mileage by adding keyboard shortcuts for frequently used actions, like changing the labels of files, etc.

The only problem I never could solve with KeyQuencer was how to send files to the trash in the Finder, but it looks like I finally have a solution.

The magnificent SpeedDoubler allows you to access everything in the menubar using only the keyboard, which has also helped reduce my mouse mileage.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:06 pm

ears wrote:

The magnificent SpeedDoubler allows you to access everything in the menubar using only the keyboard, which has also helped reduce my mouse mileage.

Thats actually the one feature I hate because it's so un-mac like. Underlined menu bars? Yuck. Thankfully, it can be turned off in the Speed Doubler control panel.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.