Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Keyboard shortcuts (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  ears (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:26 pm

dpaanlka wrote:

Thats actually the one feature I hate because it's so un-mac like. Underlined menu bars? Yuck. Thankfully, it can be turned off in the Speed Doubler control panel.

I agree, I don't like the appearance of the underlined letters in the menu bar either. But once I started using the keyboard to access certain commands, I saved so much tiresome back-and-forth from the mouse to the keyboard that I decided it was worth it. I used the "Greg's Buttons" control panel to select another menu bar font that was more appealing with the underlines. My work flow has really improved.

So although it may not be for everyone, if you're looking for keyboard shortcuts you should at least give that feature of Speed Doubler a try and decide for yourself how useful it is. Even if it's ugly.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:37 pm

I'm not into all that apperance modding crap. The Chicago font is there for a reason, it matches best with Mac OS 7. Is it really worth making your menubar 10x uglier to shave 0.5 seconds off the selection of a command?

ears (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:54 pm

dpaanlka wrote:

I'm not into all that apperance modding crap. The Chicago font is there for a reason, it matches best with Mac OS 7. Is it really worth making your menubar 10x uglier to shave 0.5 seconds off the selection of a command?

Okay, we're getting off topic now, but these are strong words and I have to respond. Just for the record, I agree with you 100% about appearance modding. I've never liked or used that "Kaleidoscope" control panel; I never upgraded to Mac OS 8 because I didn't like the "Charcoal" font and all those beveled menus and windows. Don't get me started about how much I don't like all the slick appearance modifications in Mac OS X. I still use System 7 is because I love and prefer the interface. So even though I made a small compromise, I feel that I am totally in agreement with you on this point.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.