Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Oh just a PB 1400 question (Page 1 of 1)
  sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:57 am

Howdy Dan, here is a question for which you are uniquely qualified to answer because you had a sonnet upgrade. For those who don't know, the PB 1400 cs, has a 333Mhz sonnet g3 upgrade, 64 mb ram, 24x cd rom, vst zip drive module running a 3gb hdd partitioned into 2 drives with 7.6 and 8.6. Okay now to the question, Dan, did it take a long time to get your 1400 to start up? It seems as if mine needs to get the processor to "warm up" before everything kicks in. Here is what I do. I plug it in to the wall, open it up, and press the on/off button. There is the chime then nothing. After a few minutes, need to use the multi key restart, sometimes the button on the back, and it chimes then boots up normally. Only does this if this is the first time to be turned on for the day. Never a problem when restarting no matter how many times needed. Is this normal? Or is it just me?

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:34 am

I bet your PRAM battery is dead or flaky...My performa did that and it bugged me until I paid for a new battery and it starts up normally.

My 3400c however, does take a long time to start up....but its just the 240Mhz 603e....maybe its battery is going out.

b

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:21 pm

The pram battery has been dead for 7 years or so. I never had this problem until I put in the sonnet g3 upgrade. Non of my other macs with dead batterys had this problem, they just can't tell correct time.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:42 am

Still not sure what the deal is. I just plug it in and fire it up aboot 5-10 minutes later and no problem. After that I can restart it without any troubles. I think this is why the 1400 I pulled it out of didn't work right away when I tested it before puting it in to my "regular" 1400. The old 117 works in the other 1400 now. Needed to reattach the hdd cable to the logic board. Comparing what I had to what I have now is exciting. 7.6.1 head to head on a g3 and a 117. You notice the difference.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.