Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Ram Doubler (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:04 am

Okay we know speed doubler is cool and works really well, how useful and good are the ram doubling software? Is it recommended?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:43 am

No. Ram is so cheap these days.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:09 am

Good point. The spouse has just mentioned that if anything max's out the ram on a system 7 machine, there is a problem of somesort or just close an app.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:56 pm

dpaanlka wrote:

No. Ram is so cheap these days.

While probably generally true, applications like OpenDoc applications (Wav, Cyberdog, etc) will perform much better with VM turned on. And in the case of 7.6 the VM provided by RAM Doubler is far superior to the system's VM.

bill

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:04 pm

That's why I don't recommend anyone install anything related to OpenDoc. It's pointless, and wasn't good for anything but Cyberdog, which isn't good for anything these days.

I really aught to make a "installing Mac OS 7.6" page, describing what each option is and whether or not to install it.

All my machines run with VM turned off.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:33 pm

This site works quite nicely with Cyberdog. Which I find very nice. I am perhaps the last OpenDoc user left, but I use OpenDoc for most things when I am not using OS X.

bill

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.