Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: First? (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  thakk (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:20 pm

I guess I'm first!

I have a growing collection of 15 or so older Macintoshes from an original Mac 512K (upgraded to a Plus), SEs, Classics, a Mac IIfx, LCs, various Performas, a couple of Power Macs, a PowerBook 180, and a Cube.

I'm pleased this site exists and I hope to contribute as well as learn while I am here!

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:27 pm

thakk wrote:

I guess I'm first!

I have a growing collection of 15 or so older Macintoshes from an original Mac 512K (upgraded to a Plus), SEs, Classics, a Mac IIfx, LCs, various Performas, a couple of Power Macs, a PowerBook 180, and a Cube.

I'm pleased this site exists and I hope to contribute as well as learn while I am here!

Welcome to S7T!

You are the first, at least, the first person to post in this member welcome thread. However, you're the 89th registered member here at S7T. Hope you stay and contribute much!

Your Power Macs, do any of them run Mac OS 7? If so, details please! Perhaps you'd be interested in trying the new Radeon 7000 for Mac OS 7 drivers?

thakk (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:38 pm

I have two Performa 6115CDs (same as Power Mac 6100) and a Power Mac 5400/200 -- neither type is a great candidate for a Radeon 7000. I just picked up a Power Macintosh G3 today -- that system would be a good candidate.

Do you have a preferred supplier for the 7000?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:45 pm

Any Macintosh that shipped from Apple with a G3 processor cannot run Mac OS 7. eBay is a good source of Radeon 7000s, they can often be found for under $20. eBay is also a good source for Power Mac 7300, 8600, 9600, and etc that would be good candidates for Radeons and G3 upgrades (Mac OS 7 works with G3 upgrades, just not Power Mac G3s).

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:55 pm

Welcome to S7T! I have a Performa 6116CD with a AV card and several other mods, including a Sonnet card.

You have quite a collection, I have a few powerbooks (3400c, 2400c, 1400cs, 2300c Duo) and a Starmax 4000 clone...they ALL run 7.6.1.

I also have a TiBook 400 which I overclocked, but that machine doesn't have a place here Wink

b

frank costa (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:51 pm

I started out on a 4MB MacPlus on 6.0.8. I went along the trail like many. I made an about face with an iBook a couple of years ago. Got a Pismo and souped it up G4, 1GB RAM, SuperDrive, partioned it with an independent 9.2.2 and os x 10.3.9, Etc., but there was always a longing just below the surface.

The memory of my Quadra 650 on 7.6.1, hacked with all the ResEdit tricks I could find, including Copland folders, etc. tugged at my Mac heart strings. Then I remembered: System 7, the jewel of the os line...

Google got me here. I'm now looking for a 2400c to do Sys 7 business on and bring some real computing joy back into my life.

I am not very "hip" to the protcols of posting and threading etc. Was is the "Quote" thing about. How open is the chatting. I'm on a google group that has a word cop and some members who want to hang people for "top posting" or too long of "sigs", without explaining what that is.

Anyway, home at last. Now I gotta find a 2400c. I've got my orig sys 7 white disk and a 7.6.1 from an old Performa.

Frank

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.