Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Radeon question... (Page 1 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  douglas (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:07 pm

Hey!

I was wondering, what version of Open GL does your system 7 ATI Radeon driver install?

Thanks!!

Douglas

Smile

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:36 pm

It doesn't. Where did you read that it does? Becuase if it says that it is an error I must fix.

OpenGL isn't used with any Mac OS 7 compatible software.

douglas (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:23 pm

Ahhh..so what is the "ATI" equivalent of a 3d accelerated API? Is the Radeon accelerating "RAVE"? I always thought that the 3D API that the ATI cards used was Open GL, but maybe that is with a newer OS...sorry for the confusion, I'm not very smart about these things. I know that my Voodoo 5 accelerates all of the 3D API's, Glide, RAVE, and Open GL. If you are testing 3D games with the Radeon you must be accelerating something, or are you running all the games in "software" render mode?

Thanks, sorry for the confusion on my part...

Douglas

Smile

douglas (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:33 pm

the plot thickens...

O.K., here is why I am confused...according to the link to the ATI Radeon 7000 page you put up on your site, ATI claims that the Radeon 7000 has "Full OpenGL® and QuickTime™ support". which is why since you now have a System 7.6 driver for the card that I though it was somehow accelerating Open GL in you 3D game tests. I realize that system 7.x doesn't "officially" support Open GL, but the Radeon 7000 isn't even supposed to work under System 7.6 anyways so I thought that someone had worked some "magic" with the drivers to get the 3D acceleration woking under system 7.6. So this leads me to the question...what 3D API is the Radeon accelerating in the 3D games that you are testing, or is the software being run in software mode only and just runs really fast with the card?

Thanks for answering a dumb question!!!!

Douglas

Smile

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:06 pm

Well, my simple answer will solve all mysteries; it is accelerating RAVE.

Any game or app that makes use of QuickDraw 3D in thousands or millions of colors will be accelerated.

fogWraith (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:55 pm

I was tinkering with the Radeon 7000 on my 8500/120, here's what I came up with ;P

http://fogwrait.sdf-eu.org/ima.....761_01.png
http://fogwrait.sdf-eu.org/ima.....761_02.png

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.