Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Radeon question... (Page 3 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3
  fogWraith (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:50 am

That's quite interesting, even though I am switching between the regular System 7 interface and AM (just because those damned emulators require it). I believe I will utilize AM even less now.

As for OpenGL, guess it will require a bit of hacking the installer or something, since anything above 1.0 will require OS8.x

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:27 pm

Just for everyones enjoyment, did a simple Let 1K Windows Bloom test with and without Appearance Manager on Mac OS 7. This utility is a very crude way to get a rough idea of GUI performance by telling the OS to draw and redraw a standard window 1000 times, and then gives you the time to complete this in seconds...

Without Apperance Manager: 61 Seconds
With Appearance Manager: 80 Seconds

That's a 31% decrease in GUI performance simply from installing Apperance Manager on my 133mhz PowerBook 1400c.

fogWraith (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:31 pm

Statistics usually never lie, disturbing facts. Quite educational, thanks Wink

douglas (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:15 pm

In regards to Opengl...Doesn't there exist an older copy of the MAME emulator that works under 7.6 and also supports opengl acceleration? I'm not %100 certain of this myself, I only mention this because you said in a prior post that you hadn't included Opengl because you couldn't find any software that would use it under the 7.6 OS. If I can dig up any info on this I will post a link here. As far as MAME requiring apperance manager I have no idea...

Douglas

Smile

fogWraith (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:03 am

Actually, I don't have a clue as to the MAME emulators, they had some higher requirements for some reason ;P

I'll look into it aswell.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.