Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Sound and contrast controls on Duo 250 (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:18 am

AlphaKilo470 wrote:

I might just try to get ahold of a Duo 2300c or a PowerBook 2400c and sell this one on eBay or throw it in my museum or give it away.

If that is what you are going to do, might as well open it up and see if there is something that can be fixed.

AlphaKilo470 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:37 pm

Last night I opened up the display housing and I reseated some loose connectors but they had zero affect. Today I looked inside the bottom half and found nothing. Later on, I accidently cracked the screen but today I bought a Duo 280c without OS off eBay for $15 including shipping so I just removed the RAM card and hard drive and am now awaiting the arrival of the 280c and will do some parts swapping.

AlphaKilo470 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:28 pm

Well, shortly after purchasing my Duo 280c almost two weeks ago, I found a Duo 210 LCD panel with plastics new and sealed in the Apple facotry box on eBay for about $15 so I bought that and it works just fine on my Duo 250 which is now recognized by the system software as a Duo 230 (apparently the system can detect which display is attached) since it no longer has an active matrix screen.

Aside from fixing the fading issue (an later on that night I accidently cracked the old screen trying to figure out what was wrong) I also have working speaker and screen adjustment buttons now. The downside is that with the passive matrix screen the OS only lets me display 16 shades of gray (down from 256 with the TFT) an there is significantly more ghosting

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.