Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: PowerBook 1400c/133 Resell Value? (Page 1 of 1)
  AlphaKilo470 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:17 pm

I am giving some consideration to selling my PowerBook 1400c/133 on the internet and was wondering what some folks around here would say is a fair asking price. The computer's NiMH battery holds a charge, the 11.3 TFT is bright, crisp and shows a great image, the 2gb Fujitsu hard drive spins without a hitch and it currently has Mac OS 8.6 running very smoothly along with Microsoft Office 2001, FileMaker Pro 5.5, Quark Xpress 3.32, Mac Breadboard and a few other apps. There is 40mb RAM installed and the CPU is 133mhz. There is minimal wear and the comptuer looks new. Included is the floppy drive, working 8x CD drive, power cord and I will include the option of replacing Mac OS 8.6 with 7.6 if the buyer would prefer.

I have a picture of the item here:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p.....erbook.jpg

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:45 am

The best way I think, would be to pick out pb's of a similar configuration and watch them on ebay from beginning to end to see what they are going for. They tend to vary from day to day. I recently purchased a 1400 for $97. It wasn't working (a reformat of the hdd took care of that) and it had a G3 upgrade which is why I went for it. I'm guessing more than $50 and less than $100 depends on how many and who wants it.

mac2400 (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:37 pm

i say around 70 shipped bucks is a fair price.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:31 am

Just bought one on ebay for $35. So it's the luck of the draw

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:31 am

Yes, sometimes you can get very lucky on eBay.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.