Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Powerbook 1400 (Page 1 of 1)
  Devon (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:26 pm

Hi,I finally got a powerbook 1400 it runs 7.6.1 on it and runs great! I got it on ebay for a winning big of 18.50 and with shipping it was 30.50. what a deal even came with a/c adapter. It is a 1400cs/133 with 40mb ram and a gig hard drive. Iam posting with it right now using dial up and a usr 56k modem

AlphaKilo470 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:14 pm

Good deal. You got that for a few dollars cheaper than what I paid for my similar configuration 1400c/133 (I think I paid $34 for it). I upgraded mine to a 2gb hard drive and installed OS 8.6 so I could run some of my newer software but the performance is still rock solid. I'm trying to recondition the battey right now to see if I can get it to run a little longer than the current run time of up to an hour.

With these computers selling for so low and the overall quality being so rock solid and the computer itself still powerful enough for average use, I don't see why more people aren't snatching these things up. Maybe I should buy a few more and try to spread word about them so I could sell for profit.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:59 am

If you fellas want real speed, look for a G3 upgrade card, the only way 7.6 will run on a G3 by the way, it screams. Mine feels faster than a new ibook with osx.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.