Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: 3400c online with a Buffalo AirStation card (Page 1 of 1)
  dolph (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:29 pm

I picked up a Buffalo Technology card (model WLI-PCM-L11G) off eBay for $20. The seller claimed it worked with System 7.5.x - 9.0. The Buffalo downloads page lists the driver as good for OS 8 - 9, but I downloaded it anyway.

Turns out it really does support System 7. I'm using it with 7.6.1 on my 3400c/200 right now. It is a bit flaky though... having problems getting it to work when I switch from the partition of 8.6 to 7.6.1 on the Powerbook - had to reinstall the drivers, but it's been working great since. All the more reason to stick with 7.6.1, I guess.

Anyway, here's another option for those wanting to run wifi on their old Powerbooks + 7.6.1.

Very Happy

macadri (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi thanks for sharing,i just buy a Buffalo WLI-PCM-L11 on the net for my 5300c soon a 5300ce (this what i call an upgrade!!!) under 7.6. But my is that i can't find the appropriate driver, there are somes but just for windows... Where did you get it? Maybe you can send me a copy?
Thanks
(by the way i'm french, i hope the way i talk, i mean write, is ok.. if it's not... excuse my french! And this stupide joke...)

Lichen Software (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:46 pm

dolph wrote:

I picked up a Buffalo Technology card (model WLI-PCM-L11G) off eBay for $20. ...
Snip ...

having problems getting it to work when I switch from the partition of 8.6 to 7.6.1 on the Powerbook - had to reinstall the drivers, but it's been working great since. All the more reason to stick with 7.6.1, I guess.

Very Happy

For System 8.6 get the ORiNOCO 7 driver. It is more stable than the WaveLan. I have my 1400 on both 7.6.1 and 8.6. When I go to the Williams Coffee Pub with its free WiFi Hot Spot, the WaveLan driver will not connect. I have to use 8.6 to get on.

Concerning the cards... These are all Lucent cards that were sold under different names....Lucent WaveLan, ORiNOCO, Buffalo, Dell TruMobile... Do a search for PB 1400 Wireless and I am sure you will find a more extensive list. Also, if you can find one being sold for a PC, you will get it for much cheaper.

macadri (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:10 pm

I recieve my card today, but i can't figure out how to get it work...
PC Card Manager 3.0 not work on 5300 serie, i must use 2.0...
I have the IOXeperts 802.11b driver which need PC Card Manager 3.0, so...
I have to say that I'm confuse...
Any ideas?

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.