Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: a new HDD for G3 Beige (Page 1 of 1)
  z5t (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Hello,

I recently discovered that my G3 has an IDE (ATA) HDD instead of SCSI (which is the case in my Powermac 9500/200). Can I put another, bigger IDE HDD instead of the original 4 GB? What is the max size supported by MacOS Classic?

greetings

wove (Profile)

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:26 pm

z5t wrote:

Hello,

I recently discovered that my G3 has an IDE (ATA) HDD instead of SCSI (which is the case in my Powermac 9500/200). Can I put another, bigger IDE HDD instead of the original 4 GB? What is the max size supported by MacOS Classic?

I am not sure what the maximum size supported by the Classic Mac OS is. The largest drive supported by your G3 is 128GB and the Classic Mac OS will be able to use all of that.

bill

madmann (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:45 pm

I have been here before the hdd controller will not support ata 133 it needs to be a ata 66 you will slowly have corrupt data. The best solution is to get a sonnet tempo 133 ata ide controller for one of your pci slots. this is the best fix I found. the onboard controller was not very good. check out 68kmla and search the forum their should be a lot of info concerning this issue also check our info-mac

michael

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.