Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: 8500 randomly freezing (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  fogWraith (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:58 am

I just got myself a 9Gb HDD now, so with some luck I'll be able to install OS 9 and see if the problems are out of the way.

There were less problems with SpeedDoubler installed, but it occationally hangs anyhow.

demyan (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:28 am

Hi, fogWraith,

I had exactly the same problem as you:
I upgraded my 8500 with a sonnet g3 card - suddenly I couldn't use my 4 GB-SCSI drive any more (it stopped reading files while in progress, etc.), programs stopped working without any reason... and finally I noticed, that the clock in the system bar didn't work - it was just standing still!

I removed the pram-battery, started the 8500, shut it down, put the battery back again, and since then, my 8500/G3 is the best working (and of course fastest) mac I ever owned.
(Maybe just clearing the pram with "techtool" or "norton utilities" should also do it...)

Hope it works - Mac OS 7.6 on a g3 is really cool...

Yan

demyan (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:37 am

O, i'm sorry, it's a g4...
but maybe it'll also work...

fogWraith (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:45 am

I recently received a brand new battery for it, haven't had enough time to try it all too much. But even so it froze. I am far under RAM requierments anyhow (and hope that the new sticks arrive soon).

Virtual memory seems to have fixed some of the issues, but it gives my HDD a workout when opening a few apps.

Thanks for the tip on those applications, I will look them up and try them out.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.