Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: PowerBook 3400c Battery Li-Ion or NiMH? (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  lostprocess (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:58 am

I'm no longer using the battery but I can confirm that it did charge under 7 although the system was pretty lousy about reporting its charge accurately. The machine was flaky on battery, and it would sometimes power off and not recognize the battery when attempting to power it back on. When it did work, battery life was pretty good, it usually went into 'low power' mode within a few minutes off the charger, but after that it was good for about an hour and a half.

I swapped a bunch of parts with a broken 3400c last night and that included a Li-Ion battery (which is pretty dead, but I took it anyway) so I suppose that's the battery I'll leave in the machine until I can find some that actually work (for cheap).

AlphaKilo470 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:31 pm

FWIW, I just recieved a PowerBook G3 (Kanga) today which, from my understanding, is very similar to the PowerBook 3400c and the battery that came with it reads NiMH and (c) 1995 Apple and it runs just fine. I have no problems charging the battery and it keeps it's charge for about an hour or so. The only thing I have noticed so far is that the battery time indicator in my control strip doesn't work with this battery but that's the only issue and it's not even a big one at that.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.