Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: PowerBook 150 Install disks (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  zdanee (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi all! I have a working PB150, but without an OS. Recently the original 120MB drive died, and I swaped it to an 1GB drive. I had a rescue floppy with a PB150 enabler, so I could initialize and format the drive, and copy the System folder from the boot floppy to the HDD, and it boots. However it is only a floppy OS without anything useful, not even a control panel, so I'd like to install a full OS7.1 or 7.5 on it. I've downloaded the 7.5.3 from apple's site, but it refuses to install, no specific error, just reports after some time, after 3-4 floppies that it encountered an error and it will roll back all changes. I tried to copy my PB150 enabler onto the install disks and boot from them, no luck. The same thing happens with the 7.1 floppies I got later. I never had to install OS7 on this machine myself, it worked for years, so I don't know where did I make a mistake (yeah, no backup from a 16yrs old HDD is a dumb mistake allright). Any solution or help would be appreciated, mostly a lint to a working PB150 floppy set images or a working HDD image.

naryasece (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:36 am

zdanee,

Are you still looking for the install disks for the PowerBook 150? I have a backup of the PowerBook 150's 7.5 system archived on my MacBook.

Let me know...

zdanee (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:35 am

Thank you for your reply, yes, I'm still looking for an original PB150 setup.
I managed to install a 7.5 from a rescue floppy a few months ago, but it lacks basically everything, it is barely enough to boot up the system.

24bit (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:48 am

Did you try "Apple Legacy Software Recovery CD"
hosted on Macintoshgarden?
System 7.1.1 to 7.6 for PB150 seems to be there.

naryasece (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:46 pm

got the archive uploaded to some webspace, i'll PM you zdanee about the details

VonBraunZ (Profile)
  1 MB

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:08 pm

hi i too just recently dug out my powerbook 150 and found that it had the floppydisk with the flashing ?. if you have those disks still would i be able to get them?

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.