Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Your worst computer problem? (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  24bit (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:10 am

The Amigas (or Ataris) maybe where the poor mans Macs at their time (and more of course). I had a A2000 with a '286 card and the Amax dongle, with Mac ROMs in it, making it possible to connect a real Mac floppy. Very cool! Smile

A broken psu is a big problem.
My 24bit MacII's psu was good, but it did not get trickle voltage from the P-RAM battery.
At that time I did not feel ready to re-cap my MacII, so I finally gave it away.
Remember, the Internet wasn´t what it is today, with many helpful forums like this one.

thehackercat (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:59 pm

I had a generation-2 iBook G3 that could dual-boot OS 9.2.2 and some early version of OS X. Somehow, I managed to create a copy of the OS X System Folder, but not everything was moved and some of the files were corrupt. When the computer started up from that System Folder, I had a hell of a time trying to figure out what the problem was. I had lost the boot disk long ago, as is my habit for things so important. In the end, I think I booted from an 8.6 disk or something.. Razz

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.