Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Widescreen Radeon (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  Adam The Mac (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:43 am

I have Sheepshaver on my Windows [die windows] laptop, and a resolution of 1336x768. The widescreen mac 7.5.5 desktop, for those who have never seen it, looks great! I compared it with my friends Macbook pro, and mac os 7 sure looked like it was the only operating system on my PC! But, there are problems. Some apps run fine and actually look on par w/ todays, for example Virtual Pool, [you can find it in the gaming section of S7T] but others, like games written for the original mac, don't fill up the entire screen and are just a tiny box in the upper left.

Best regards,
Adam Lechowicz

hgradeca (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:24 am

I am using my Power Macintosh 6500 with Samsung T220 widescreen monitor and it works very well. Smile I have an ATI Rage graphic card in the Mac.
Of course, there are black borders both left and right, but thad doesn't bother me too much. Smile

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:25 pm

hgradeca wrote:

I am using my Power Macintosh 6500 with Samsung T220 widescreen monitor and it works very well. Smile I have an ATI Rage graphic card in the Mac.
Of course, there are black borders both left and right, but thad doesn't bother me too much. Smile

This may help you out with that:

http://www.nasolab.com/freebie.....r.hqx?mt=8

It should allow you to select your display's native resolution.

Quote:

This is a 2010 build of an old Mac OS Classic project that detects and allows the setting of all available resolutions for any display attached to your Mac, including ones the regular Monitors control panels do not show. Features a 10-second restore feature in the event you select an incompatible resolution, and the ability to export the detected resolutions as a text file. Consider Resolution Manager unfinished and still in beta. There will be no future updates.

*Should* work with System 7.5 through Mac OS 9.2.2.

hgradeca (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:30 am

Thank you a lot!
It seems that I have missed your post until now, sorry!
I have tried that program, but it still does not show any widescreen resolutions…
So it seems that I'll have to live with black borders.
Thanks again for giving me this advice, it was promising. Smile

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:56 pm

I doubt earlier Rage cards would support widescreen resolutions. The app mentioned above works just fine on Radeons.

reukiodo (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:42 am

I didn't set any resolution and my Radeon 7000 picked up 1680x1050 from my monitor.

Another option might be SwitchRes2.
http://www.madrau.com/SRXv3/html/SR2/indexSR2.html
The author doesn't explicitly support System 7, but should work:
"Technically, only the DisplayManager 2.0 and the Appearance Extension are required (included in the System since MacOS Cool.
So, SwitchRes 2 can certainly work with older versions of MacOS, as long as these two components are installed. I tested it with MacOS 7.5.5 & 7.6, but I don't support such configurations." - stephane@madrau.com

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.