Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: FS: PowerBook Duo 280c (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  AlphaKilo470 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:12 pm

I'm selling a PowerBook Duo 280c on eBay. This computer has a 250mb hard drive, 12mb RAM, Mac OS 7.6.1 and some other various software installed. The battery is shot but I am including an AC adaptor. The TFT provides a great picture with no dead pixels.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA.....amp;ih=001

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:22 pm

does the battery work?

b

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:49 pm

Iew why is this page's formatting all messed up...

AlphaKilo470 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:14 am

No clue about the formatting as everything works perfectly over here on my ThinkPad 600E running Firefox.

As for the Duos battery, it's shot worse than a good Kennedy. However, I'm sure there are places where you could get it refurbished and if you do find one, you could have a very nice system for performing basic tasks on the road.

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:19 am

Well if it doesnt sell on eBay, let me know...

I need another ebay transaction like I need a hole in my foot.

Or laptop for that matter, but that 280c looks nice.

b

AlphaKilo470 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:48 am

The computer, aside from the battery, is very clean and in great shape. You'd be hard pressed to find even a spec of dust inside the keyboard.

If this computer does sell, whether on eBay or elsewhere, I might also put up my Duo 230 for sale which has a new LCD panel that was, until a few weeks ago, sealed in factory box. The computer also has a Japanese keyboard but that shouldn't be an issue since it's essentially an American keyboard with Japanese characters next to the Roman characters. Oddly enough, when I took this computer apart to replace the screen, I noticed that the keyboard and the system itself both had "Made in USA" stamped on them.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.