Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Using a printer over network (Page 1 of 1)
  Chefsessel (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:37 am

Having established a stable network between my PM7100 and the PowerMac G5 (running 10.4.11) I came to think of whether it would be possible to print my ClarisWorks sheets directly from the PM7100 using my HP Photosmart C3180 that is connected to the PowerMac G5 via USB. Network printing so to say.

Unfortunately I have absolutely zero experience in network printing and wondering how and if this would work? Do you have any experience? How do I need to set up my Macs?

Thanks in advance!

Chefsessel (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:19 am

Mea culpa. I know, there is a perfect guide on S7T and I simply missed it when browsing through the categories. In case someone should be looking for the same thing, go to http://main.system7today.com/a.....aring.html

There is one problem however - whenever I want to start the Desktop Printer Utility it gives me a warning that the desktop printer extension has not been found. Shouldn't this one be included in the full installation of 7.6 ? If not, where to get it?

wove (Profile)

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:27 am

I do not recall if all the printing software is installed by default or not. It should be located on your installer media if not.

If you can not find it Apple still maintains all there old software. It can be found here.

bill

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.